Skip to main content

AS Roma Champions of Europe* Finally!

Yes, you read that right. Granted, they are NOT the champion of the UEFA Champions League nor the UEFA Europa League (Not yet anyway). But rather the champion of the newly third tier competition UEFA Europa Conference League. Still, this is a big achievement for us as the last trophy we ever won was 14 years ago! Also, this is our first European trophy. Jose Mourinho. When he was announced as the new manager last year, expectations were high. He needed to bring us back where we belong! The Champions League! Started great with 6 wins in a row, but he told us Romanisti we haven't really achieved anything and basically kept us in check. Usually for us Romanisti, they cycle was if the team rack up wins we believed them to be the Scudetto contender, and when we lost we felt like they were fighting for relegation. It's that extreme. Then the defeat came. Against Hellas Verona, not long after we lost the Derby Della Capitale (Lazio), lost again against our big rival Juventus and then came the spanking by a team I'm not familiar with Bodo Glimt. 6-1! What a disaster!! Shouts of "Mourinho Out" began on the internet, but I and many others kept faith in him. If there's a man who'll lead us to glory, it is him! Mourinho adapted to the team after his favoured 4-2-3-1 didn't fit the team's style. Last season we were playing with 3-4-2-1. So, we reverted back to the 3-4-2-1 and sometimes it is even 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 or 5-3-2. And boy, the team does improve after that. Granted we only improved 1 position than last season, but we always knew the quality of our squad isn't up there yet, Mourinho led us to the UECL glory in the end. With arguably the weakest Roma squad in decades! That's is quite a special achievement. Now these good players are becoming champions, which will raise their level of performance. Last season, despite our attractive football we failed to beat the top 6 sides. This season we managed to get our revenge on the home derby (Lazio), defeat Atalanta home and away, and we almost defeated Juventus for 70 minutes before our mentality collapsed. I am excited to see what our squad can achieve next season. I feel we need to build this success and continue to be a side always fighting for trophies. Grazie Mourinho for changing our mentality and Forza Roma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Changed My Mind About Clash of the Titans

First, I would like to make an apology. To the filmmakers of the remake of Clash of the Titans. I think I may have a hand on spreading a bad word about the movie. It turns out I know the real reason why I didn't like the movie. It was all about religion. And I will explain. As some of you know, I'm having my crisis of faith right now. I began believeing that "Is there such a thing as a perfect person? No one is perfect. People have flaws.." So, I chose to defy my Gods. Now what is the connection between Clash of the Titans? Here's why, first I was still pissed off that they changed the story around. It was suppose to be the adventures of Perseus winning Andromeda's hand in marriage, while battling monsters such as the Gorgon Medusa and a Sea Monster. In the movie, however. It was a personal battle against Perseus and a God. He was Hades. In real life Hades is a neutral figure. Now I understood the message of the movie. Perseus chose to defy the Gods with all

John Lennon is a Genius, a Visionary

I always loved John Lennon. A little backstory about him: He was one of the main song writers for the most popular 'little ol' band in the world in The Beatles. His main songwriting partner was Paul McCartney. Even as a child I always loved Lennon's writings. While McCartney's I felt mostly wrote ballad, or love songs for the ladies (however I love Hey Jude). After quitting the Beatles, I thought Lennon has gone insane. He became a bold person, he speaks nonsense mostly, I didn't understand it. Until today.. I TOTALLY gets what he meant now. I understand that he was suppressing all his feelings and then when he quit the Beatles finally, he let it all out. I'm going to show you his brilliant songs to understand what He and I think alike about. Enjoy the lyrics from the great mind of John Lennon. If you want you could hear the tune from Youtube while reading the lyrics. That's just how I roll, baby. Imagine by John Lennon Imagine there's no Heaven It's

Interesting Revelations

By: Albertus Rai Gunawan Putra He is one of the smartest guy I know. We had so many discussions together. Here are the transcript of one of our interesting topic of conversations. I merely wants to encourage him to start writing again. Here's how it goes: Imagine you have a company that heavily taxed by gov.. and you refused to give up and still in business of course you have to make profitt and that profit could not be lower because of the tax.. otherwise your investors will run right? so common sense kicks in... gov should not taxed tobacco heavily.. it just makes things worse.. either taxed accordingly or banned completely.. right 5:19pm Albertus reduce cost.. how to reduce a cost where most of the productions are already handled by robots anyway.. 5:19pm Me you should put this in your blog 5:19pm Albertus you need to use a cheaper tobacco right.. you can put it in your blog.. but... a cheaper tobacco wil not give the same flavour.. so you will add chemicals to cre